Welcome to the Facilities Planning website!
- Voters have approved the Smart Schools Bond Act of 2014. Implementation guidance will be forthcoming. Please check our web site periodically.
- Please see the following Health Department recommendations for cleaning non-health care environments:
- Guidance for Local Health Departments on Ebola Virus Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection in Non-healthcare and Non-laboratory Settings (11/05/14)
- Information About Cleanup of Ebola-Infected Blood and Other Body Fluids in Non-Health Care Settings (11/05/14)
INTEREST RATE REDUCTION ON ASSUMED AMORTIZATIONS FOR BUILDING AID
- Please see our Finance page for additional information. (10/28/14)
2015 NEW YORK STATE GREEN RIBBON SCHOOLS PROGRAM
- New York State Green Ribbon Schools application process has now ended. The NYS-GRS team will start to evaluate applications received. Please visit the NYS-GRS program website for further information about the 2015 Green Ribbon Schools program. (12/15/14)
UPDATED GUIDANCE ON WHEN A BUILDING PERMIT IS REQUIRED
- We have updated our guidance regarding when a building permit is required. Please see the following link for additional information.
- When is A Building Permit Required? (10/07/14)
2014 MANUAL OF PLANNING STANDARDS
- We are on schedule to release the final 2014 MPS this fall. As a reminder, future projects will be subject to the provisions within the new MPS. The effective date of the updated MPS will be posted on our web site. A suitable transition period will be provided.
- 2014 Manual of Planning Standards (draft) (04/04/14)
Please view our news page for additional important news items...
Our mission is to ensure
safe, healthy, comfortable, and acceptable educational facilities which promote
effective and efficient learning for all New York students regardless of where
We will accomplish our mission by establishing clear expectations and standards for school facilities. We will work with parents, teachers, administrators, designers, facility directors, contractors and the community to set in motion mechanisms for school improvement statewide.
Contact info: Rosanne Groff, webmaster. ph. 518-474-3906; fax 518-486-5918