Welcome to the Facilities Planning website!
- Please see this new web page for:
- Smart Schools Bond Act Guidance
- Office of Facilities Planning Smart Bond Act Project Review Process
- Smart Schools Bond Act Letter of Intent Form
- For information on K-Solar please see this web page. (10/09/15)
- The Office of facilities Planning has openings for Sr. Architects Gr 24 and Sr. Engineers Gr 24 - please see links below for additional information or contact Carl Thurnau:
- New York State has adopted a rule that amends the Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code by adding provisions requiring the installation of carbon monoxide detection in all new and existing commercial buildings that have appliances, devices or systems that may emit carbon monoxide or an attached garage. School facilities are included in the definition of commercial buildings. The rule became effective on June 27, 2015. For more information please see this web page. (07/23/15)
- The 2015 Building Contion Survey format has now been posted on our web site at the following link. The on-line data entry portal is not open at this time. Please check our web site for future updates.
- 2015 Building Condition Survey format (05/13/15)
Please view our news page for additional news items...
Our mission is to ensure
safe, healthy, comfortable, and acceptable educational facilities which promote
effective and efficient learning for all New York students regardless of where
We will accomplish our mission by establishing clear expectations and standards for school facilities. We will work with parents, teachers, administrators, designers, facility directors, contractors and the community to set in motion mechanisms for school improvement statewide.
Contact info: Rosanne Groff, webmaster. ph. 518-474-3906; fax 518-486-5918