Welcome to the Facilities Planning website!
- The State Aid Office has recently compiled the list of Final Cost Reports that are due by June 30, 2015. Please see following link:
- The 2015 Building Contion Survey format has now been posted on our web site at the following link. The on-line data entry portal is not open at this time. Please check our web site for future updates.
- 2015 Building Condition Survey format (05/13/15)
- The SMART SCHOOLS BOND ACT (SBBA) OF 2014 was passed in the 2014-15 Enacted Budget and approved by the voters in a statewide referendum held during the 2014 General Election on Tuesday, November 4, 2014. The Smart Schools Bond Act authorized the issuance of $2 billion of general obligation bonds to finance improved educational technology and infrastructure to improve learning and opportunity for students throughout the State. Please see link below for guidance:
- Smart Schools Bond Act (SSBA) Guidance (04/29/15
- The existing SED fire safety system is in the process of being updated to reflect on-line technologies. The updated system is scheduled to be launched during July 2015. The updated system will save school districts and BOCES significant time mailing large quantities of paper to the SED Office of Facilities Planning. Effective July 1, 2015, fire inspection data will be entered into SED’s Application Business Portal; after which school districts and BOCES will print their own annual certificates of occupancy. Please see link below for additional information:
- Follow-up Memo - New Fire Inspection Process (120KB) (05/20/15)
- New Fire Inspection Report Memo (118KB) (04/30/15)
- Updated Fire Safety Process Powerpoint Presentation (3.2MB) (05/13/15)
Please view our news page for additional news items...
Our mission is to ensure
safe, healthy, comfortable, and acceptable educational facilities which promote
effective and efficient learning for all New York students regardless of where
We will accomplish our mission by establishing clear expectations and standards for school facilities. We will work with parents, teachers, administrators, designers, facility directors, contractors and the community to set in motion mechanisms for school improvement statewide.
Contact info: Rosanne Groff, webmaster. ph. 518-474-3906; fax 518-486-5918