Welcome to the Facilities Planning website!
2015 NEW YORK STATE GREEN RIBBON SCHOOLS PROGRAM - NOW OPEN
- New York State Green Ribbon Schools application process is now open. Please visit the NYS-GRS program website for further information about the 2015 Green Ribbon Schools program and to submit your application. (10/20/14)
UPDATED GUIDANCE ON WHEN A BUILDING PERMIT IS REQUIRED
- We have updated our guidance regarding when a building permit is required. Please see the following link for additional information.
- When is A Building Permit Required? (10/07/14)
2014 MANUAL OF PLANNING STANDARDS
- We are on schedule to release the final 2014 MPS this fall. As a reminder, future projects will be subject to the provisions within the new MPS. The effective date of the updated MPS will be posted on our web site. A suitable transition period will be provided.
- 2014 Manual of Planning Standards (draft) (04/04/14)
Please view our news page for additional important news items...
Our mission is to ensure
safe, healthy, comfortable, and acceptable educational facilities which promote
effective and efficient learning for all New York students regardless of where
We will accomplish our mission by establishing clear expectations and standards for school facilities. We will work with parents, teachers, administrators, designers, facility directors, contractors and the community to set in motion mechanisms for school improvement statewide.
Contact info: Rosanne Groff, webmaster. ph. 518-474-3906; fax 518-486-5918