Braille and Large Print Books and Educational Materials for Blind and Visually Impaired Students
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) Office of Special Education is seeking proposals from vendors to provide Braille and large print books and educational materials for blind and visually impaired school age students in New York State (NYS).
Eligible bidders are for-profit and non-profit organizations with documented experience in producing and providing Braille and large print materials.
Subcontracting/Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE)
Subcontracting will be limited to thirty percent (30%) of the total contract budget. Subcontracting is defined as non-employee direct personal services and related incidental expenses, including travel.
Bidders are required to comply with NYSED’s Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) participation goals for this RFP through one of three methods. Compliance methods are discussed in detail in the Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Participation Goals section below.
Terms of Contract
NYSED will award one contract(s) pursuant to this RFP. The contract resulting from this RFP will be for a term anticipated to begin January 1, 2017 and to end December 31, 2021.
- Description Of Services To Be Performed
- Evaluation Criteria and Method of Award
- Submission Documents (separate document)
Questions and Answers
Questions and Answers (160 KB)
Questions regarding the request must be submitted by E-mail to RFP17004@nysed.gov no later than the close of business on Thursday, May 19, 2016. Questions regarding this request should be identified as Program, Fiscal or M/WBE. A Questions and Answers Summary will be posted here no later than Tuesday, May 31, 2016. The following are the designated contacts for this procurement:
The following documents must be submitted in separately sealed envelopes, as detailed in the Submission section of the RFP, and be received at NYSED no later than Friday, June 17, 2016 by 3:00 PM:
- Submission Documents labeled Submission Documents – RFP #17-004 Do Not Open
- Technical Proposal labeled Technical Proposal – RFP #17-004 Do Not Open
- Cost Proposal labeled Cost Proposal – RFP #17-004 Do Not Open
- M/WBE Documents labeled M/WBE Documents – RFP #17-004 Do Not Open
- CD-ROM containing the technical, cost, submission and M/WBE proposals. Place in a separate envelope labeled CD-ROM – RFP#17-004 Do Not Open.
The mailing address for all the above documentation is:
NYS Education Department
Bureau of Fiscal Management
Attn: Jessica Hartjen, RFP#17-004
Contract Administration Unit
89 Washington Avenue, Room 501W EB
Albany, NY 12234
(Facsimile copies of the proposals are NOT acceptable)